Last week, 9th of June 2016, Google expanded its “Nearby” features for Android users.
What is “the Nearby” feature?
It is a location-based system for notifying Android smartphone owners that are potentially useful or relevant on where they are.
--->It allows businesses to let nearby users know what they want to know.
--->It makes life easier for Android users because it notifies them with the things that can be helpful nearby.
- Print photos directly from your phone at CVC Pharmacy.
- Explore historical landmarks at the University of Notre Dame.
- Download the audio tour when you are at The Broad LA.
- Skip the customs line at select airports with Mobile Passport.
- Download the United Airlines app for free in-flight entertainment while you wait at the gate, before you board your flight.
“To use Nearby, just turn on Bluetooth and Location, and we'll show you a notification if a nearby app or website is available. Once you’ve opted-in, tapping on a notification takes you straight into the intended experience. If you're not interested, just swipe it away to give us a clear signal.”
According to Leanplum, the “open rates” of Android users are twice as high as those on IOS, we are thinking that this new feature is even a bit too late to roll out.
Digizoom is also near you, no matter the kilometers in between! Contact us now to get started with us and meet us!